Monday, November 8, 2010

My Trip to D.C. (Part 2) - The Natural History Museum and more National Mall

After we toured the American History Museum, Hannah and I walked down to the Natural History museum. We were running out of siteseeing time since our ABA meeting was fast approaching. I silently thought to myself that we should just skip the meeting, because I knew I would love the Natural History Museum seeing as I love anything and everything to do with nature and the outdoors.

Anyway, here's some of what we saw.












































































This is where the Hope Diamond rests. And here it is.

It was a lot smaller than I expected it to be, but still a HUGE diamond.













































By this point, we were out of time for the Natural History museum, so we walked back out to the National Mall to get to our metro stop. The National Mall is so lovely to me.


This is part of the Smithsonian Castle. Beautiful.































The Washington Monument.

















Me and the US Capitol. :)

















Smithsonian Castle and the Washington Monument.
















The National Carousel






































Looking back at the Natural History Museum.






















The Smithsonian Castle. I was seriously in awe of it. I love this type of architecture.

















We made it to our meeting on time (a waste of my precious site-seeing time, in my opinion, but it was still nice). All in all, I had a beautiful day and would love to go back to D.C. when I have lots more time to look and look and look some more. It was lovely. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Anna! I just wanted to stop by and say thanks for the blog love the other day. I'm glad you're having fun in D.C. You've had some gorgeous weather! So rare for this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome. I enjoy reading your blog very much. And I loved D.C. It was beautiful. I hope to go back soon.

    ReplyDelete