Thursday, June 24, 2010

Backwoods Barbie Two Doors Down

I had the strangest dream last night.

I dreamed that my house, which is out in the middle of nowhere, GA, had a huge tent concert right next door in the woods, and Reba McEntire and Dolly Parten were there performing. Dolly was leaving first and I told an assistant that I wanted to meet Dolly before she left.

Well, while I was in the shower, the assistant suddenly busted up in my bathroom and told me, "Dolly's leaving! If you want to see her, you need to go now."

Now, explain to me how I was supposed to go see Dolly within the next few seconds if I was in the shower with shampoo dripping in my eyes.

I tried my best to hurry and got out within a couple minutes and ran out the door still wrapped in a towel and ran across the yard towards the performance tent. I was only a little bit away when I saw her climb up into her tour bus wearing a white sparkly dress and drive away. I stopped in the middle of the yard, still clutching my towel, wet hair frazzled all around my face as I watched the tour bus drive down the dirt road and away from me, taking Dolly Parten with it.

Then I woke up.

Yeah. I know. I need help.

No comments:

Post a Comment